Monday, September 16, 2013

Sophie Jacket by My Little Plumcake

For fun, I decided to take part in a sew along that ended on the 15th of September. The pattern being used was the Sophie Jacket by My Little Plumcake. BTW so many other patterns to choose from in thier Etsy shop, all of them beautiful!

The fabric I chose was a hound's tooth wool bend, just amazing to work with, and a basic black polyester lining.




So easy to make, even for a beginner. When working with plaids just make sure that your prints line up perfectly, it will make all the difference in the finished product. That is one of my pet peeves, when plaids don't line up. It may take a little more fabric and a little more time but its so worth the extra effort. I even make them line up when I'm making PJ's, I'm a little OCD that way.




So stylish with its ruffled collar and belt tie. What's even more fun about this pattern is that it can easily be modified and a hood or little accent pockets could be added.




This jacket is the perfect for the weather here this time of year. 








3 comments: