Friday, December 6, 2013

Beaded Snowflake Ornaments

I am still amazed today by all the different snowflakes mother nature creates. How in diffrent temperatures the flakes are sometimes huge or sometimes look like diamonds falling from the sky. JubeJube was very upset today to see the snow had melted due to the mild temperature, I promised her that there would be more of the fluffy white stuff soon enough. I took some time away from sewing to make some very easy beaded snowflake ornaments to mimic diamonds falling from the sky.




I found metal snowflake forms all ready for beading a my local craft store.





Some of the tools I used: wire cutters, and round nose pliers. If you don't have round nose pliers you can always use flat long nose pliers.



I selected different shades and shapes of blue and white glass beads.




Put them together with my oldest daughter, Sabrina, for some quiet daughter/mother time.











Hang them in the tree or in the window to let the sunlight catch the glass beads.











No comments:

Post a Comment