Friday, December 13, 2013

Hooded Blazer by My Little Plumcake

Love this blazer that I got to test, is pretty much all I need to say about the new pattern due to be released by My Little Plumcake early next week. First, its unisex! Yay, something unique and stylish for boys too! Second, it features so many options like a hood, appliqué pockets with pocket flaps, front darts for a more fitted look on the girl's version, and elbow patches.



I made mine super simple using a wool blend that I already had (given to me by a friend), some left over flannel for the lining and some upcycled buttons that JubeJube chose from my stash. Total cost of this project 0.00$...Yay! And yes that is a smile on JubeJube's face so that means she was pretty happy about getting a new red blazer.



Very quickly showing off the inside of the blazer. I used a bias tape just to be a little fancy on the inside but it really was not needed.






I just love the style of the rounded edges at the bottom front of the jacket.




The hood, not JubeJube's favorite part as you can see by the look on her face when I tried to take a few shots of the hood on her head. 



Other patterns that I've had a chance to work with by My Little Plumcake: The Hope Patter here, and here, The Sophie Jacket, and Cordelia. Be sure to check out My Little Plumcake's Etsy shop for more unique patterns!


No comments:

Post a Comment