Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chic Cocktail Swing Coat a Design by Heidi&Finn

The new and improved Cocktail Swing Coat by Heidi&Finn has been released today. I got to help test the remodeled version of this coat and you can get your copy in thier Craftsy shop. There's a special low price for this week only, so go and check it out!

Here's a look at Amelia and that adorable coat!


The options available on this pattern: hood (with or without rabbit ears or little bear ears, oh so cute too!) or collar, button or bow tie closure. Just about any fabric can be used to make this coat too, like denim, wool suiting, laminated cottons to make it into a rain coat....there are not limits! I used a wool blend for the outer shell and a cotton flannel for the lining. I made Amelia a size 3 and I was able to put a heavier sweater under the coat for a little extra warmth.


I used the hood option with button closure for this jacket, but I might just have to make another with those floppy bunny ears.


The length of the coat is to the hips. The sleeves have a folded over cuff.



So I must admit that I didn't get the lining I wanted for the coat, it was just way too expensive so I settled on the flannel with the pink polka dots, but I couldn't skimp on those buttons! I usually use upcycled buttons or what I have in my stash.



In case you were wondering for this cute hat...made by my Mom using a pattern from The Velvet Acorn. There will be more about their gorgeous hats on another day.

Until next time, xx.


1 comment: