I did change up a couple of things, but nothing in the construction of the garment. This is what I did...I used a bit of light interfacing at the top of the pocket where it folds down. It just gives the pocket a little more hold.
I also used a bit of twill tape at the hip vent openings, it just gives the fabric a little more body and make everything look nice a clean.
I decided to use snaps at the shoulders, but if you should use buttons make sure you use interfacing that is a little heavier and will give those button holes some stability. The last thing you need is for those button holes to stretch out and the buttons and making them just too big.
Here are the links to other blog posts for more inspiration. Enjoy!
- Wednesday, June 4, 2014: Finn's Door (review)
- Thursday, June 5, 2014: Baby Steps to Couture (review)
- Friday, June 6, 2014: Emsky Rooney (review)
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014: Friends Stitched Together (pattern hack) and Made by Amanda Rose (review and tutorials)
- Wednesday, June 11, 2014: Mae & K (review) and Sprouting Jube Jube (tutorial on a knit version)
- Friday, June 13, 2014: Rebel and Malice (pattern hack), Sew Many Adventures, Sew Little Time (review) and Pity Kitty (review)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Until next time, xx.