Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All You Need Jammies, a Heidi and Finn Design

You know what, kids grow...I realized it when I started taking out the fall clothes (yup, its that time of year) and found that Amelia only had 2 PJ's that were warm enough for his time of year, she had out grown the others. And guess who put out a tester call for a jammies pattern about 10 days ago...Heidi &Finn! So yes, I applied and I got to test the new All You Need Jammies pattern by Heidi & Finn! And even better, the pattern should be released today!

There are so many options to this pattern that it is really the only PJ pattern you will need if you like sewing with knits!

I started out by making what Amelia had picked out...the penguins! I had limited amount of the penguin fabric so I paired it with a left over stripe fabric from another project. I made the full t-shirt with the leggings pants with cuffs.




I kid you not, 40 minutes to make top and bottom to this little PJ set.



Both items are made slim fit, but comfy. I made a size 3, the size recommened according to the size chart.



For the next one I made the lounge pants with the gathered tee and a short sleeve, again in a size 3. The pants are a little more roomy, some of the testers have even tried it in a woven and said that if they go up a size that the fit it perfect. I haven't tried it myself but if I do I will be posting about it!






And I couldn't leave out JubeJube so I made her the matching nightgown, she's all about nightgowns now so she can feel like a princess even when she goes to bed. The nightgown is also included in the pattern so no need to try and figure out how much to lengthen to the top, its already done!



Here are some of the pattern details:

  • Size range is from 12 months to 12 years (the toddler sizes are split from the big kid sizes. This is done to ensure proper fit/grading of the pattern)
  • Designed for knit fabrics
  • Easy to follow instructions
  • Endless options for boys and girls: full tee and gathered tee (short, 3/4 length and long sleeves, with or without cuffs, nightgown, lounge pants (or shorts), leggings...so you can mix and match till your heart's content!
  • Made using aboout 1.5 yards of fabric depending on size and style



I really can't believe I got them to stand that close together with out and pulling or shoving, they must really like those jammies!




Until next time, xx.

2 comments: